A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love, boundaries, and obedience:

Love indicates that I am willing to live within the bounds of love. Marriage suggests boundaries of the very nature of the relationship. There are things that I will no longer do and things I will do because of the love that binds our marriage relationship. The degree of commitment to which I obey these boundaries and the obligation of that relationship, will predict the value and longevity of that marriage.

So our relationship to God is bound up in our willingness to live happily within the boundaries of that spiritual relationship. God will never violate His commitments to us and our need to strive in that direction that keeps “what we have committed to Him against that day.” The is a joy in a friendship when we both respect the relationship enough to keep it in good repair. Trust, honor, honesty, are necessary for all of these human relationships. Our spiritual relationship is developed around the same principles.

If we are busy with: “Seek you first the Kingdom of God,” then obedience is a natural progression in that direction. As we become obedient to the boundariesof our relationship with God, our lives are flavored with pre-obedience because we know what we should be doing as we “press towards the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

Obedience brings stability and a sense to togetherness of which disobedience has no clue. Finally, obedience to God has its rewards and disobedience has its consequences. You choose by your behavior which is coming your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home