A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

If memory serves me right I only remember the things I think about.

“Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace.”

What I chose to see, I eventually, become!

Pray that you will not be strangled by your own weaknesses, or loose your faith, over someone one else’s weaknesses. 

The only perfect people you will meet in life, are bachelor’s wives and old maid’s husbands.

However, when you meet, Jesus, you have found true perfection.

‪Life’s is either preparing us for the greatest tragedy of missing Heaven or is preparing us for our greatest joy of arriving in Heaven.‬

‪Hell is filled with only personal sorrow, there will be no one there interested in your sorrow. ‬

‪Heaven will be celebrated by everyone there.‬

Some folks have become comfortable with their discontentment, thinking...this the best that there is. 

Comfortable misery is a terrible condition. 

Timothy 6:6 “But godliness with contentment is great gain”

Love you enemies, as willing, as you love your friends.

I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. Psalms 101:3

Your friends guide your mind and your mind chooses its master. 

You can’t  choose yourself to be your master; evil or good will be your master.

If memory serves me right I only remember the things I think about.

“Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace.”

What I chose to see, I eventually, become!

The greatest risk of attending a “dead church” is that you may become like them instead of them becoming like you.

In every successful life, fortitude is an attitude!

If fortitude becomes a noun then perseverance becomes its verb.

You can’t finish what you don’t start. 

Life has two big storms the first is when you begin to stall your progress and near the end to try to put you off course.

Love is happiest when the one loved is happy.

Love doesn’t always understand, but it is always more understanding. 

Love is not an escape; it is a destination. 

Love never looks back for a reason to stop, only for memories to fuel it through tough times. 

Love is severely wonderful!

Giving means living.
Praying means loving.
Loving means sharing.
Caring means doing.
Judging turns off loving.
Hatred turns off living.
Unforgiving turns off caring.
Bitterness turns off everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home