A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

It is one thing to be happy; it is quite another to spread happiness.
Peace provides its own prosperity.
 Love eagerly aspires for the happiness for the one it loves.
Active Faith is all I know that can replace the drudgery of failure with the joy of success.
 Without God, all that one may do, is to Him, a loss.
Progress is more than wanting to move in the right direction; it is doing so this moment.
 In order to not see God one would have to look where He is not, but as He is everywhere, that is impossible; so I must choose, then, not to see Him anywhere, to not see him at all.
People become uncomfortable when you are certain of things they are not.
It is one thing to live cheaply; it is another thing to give cheaply.
Your “secrete sins” become landmines for your loved ones.
Blessed is he who does not consider who will get the credit.
To often we try to use God for a fire escape, from the fires that we started.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home