A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Friday, January 03, 2014

13 Things I have found in 2013:
1) As I grow older in Jesus, I have found I tend to fight for more important things.
2) I have found that there is a difference between what I think is important and what Jesus says is important.
3) I have found that churches, denominations, and standards are less important than love, compassion, and forgiveness.
4) I found the less I judge. the quicker the Kingdom of God multiplies around me, the faster the lost are found, and the more rapidly the church I attend, grows.
5) I have found that tithing is better than saving; that giving is better than hording.
6) I have found the lost are often easier t
o find; than the found are to disciple.
7) I have found that Grace is more than just sufficient; it actually abounds, about the Christian in every possible way.
8) I have found that, today, the Love of God is more rich, meaningful, and mysteriously wonderful, than I thought it could be yesterday.
9) I found good sermons are not enough: but good living is.
10) I have found that the Bible is more important to my spiritual growth than I thought it was.
11) I have found that improving myself was the best way to improve my testimony.
12) I have found when I did my best, it was often not enough; I still need the help of God, Himself.
13) I have found that there is much more to learn than I thought I needed to learn; and it is still waiting for me to grasp from the Compassionate Christ who leads me into 2014...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home