A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

It is the recognition of our weaknesses that is the impetus for our New Year’s resolutions”.

Resolutions by nature are the realizations that you actually need to change. It is when your resolution becomes your resolve that the situations in your life change for the better.  We all have weaknesses but staying weak ends up being “our problem” that we should, and in most cases could, change.

So, I tend to avoid resolutions to do better, in exchange, for resolving I will change.  This is the only way to benefit myself and those about my life who will benefit from my changing. 

Learning to change because it is right, exceeds altering to please others or to placate my own feelings. Only God in His wisdom can teach us what is right but only you and I can make it right in our lives.

The problem with God giving us a “free will” is that it cannot be started by remote control; it only has a manual self-starter.  This being the case, the blame game stops when your will-power, replaces your want-power. No one but you controls that button but you.

While it is best never to underestimate the power of laziness; it is also  true you had best never underestimate the power of the “free will“. You can do much more than you want to do …so get busy this year…doing.

The New Year gives a platform to begin again, but only our heart can drive us to make the changes and it is only with God’s help that can make the changes, permanent!.

Happy resolving this New Year!!:):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home