A Smoky Mountain HI

Here is a journey I make each day. Time flows on this side of eternity. I have aged as gracefully as reasonable as can be be expected, and yet feel not a day older in my mind. As I begin a life in the Smoky Mountains I hope you will share my journey as well. www.kleincabin.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States

Retired summer 2010. I am married (wife, Carol, 55 years) with two married children and four grandchildren...one Toy Poodle. Presently live in Tennessee or Florida but spending summers in our cabin in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg. Five + acres, three streams, and two ponds. Taught college 13 years Florida, Alaska and Tennessee, wife also a teacher. She teaches computer, ABE, GED etcetera. I was the evening supervisor of an adult education school of about 900 students. Minister of counseling at New Hope Fellowship Church of the Nazarene.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

EVEN AT DEATH WE DO NOT PART

“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying my counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. Yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.” Isaiah 46:10,11b (AKJV)


God is here for us and to be with us until we pass on, from here to there. Being a Christian counselor for 50+ years has given me access into lives who surfer from anxiety. Therefore, it befalls me to remind them that we are to be anxious for nothing…, “for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God;” Young's Literal Translation.


Now even as I say this I can hear some of my readers say but you do not understand it is just the way I am made. Not true, it is just something you have agreed to as a reason to so as not to exercise your Faith.

Yes, some folks are more sensitive and more susceptible to anxiety. In fact, all of us tend to be anxious about something. It could be marriage, having children, finances, retirement, the opinion of others, and the like, are all are real human concerns. The difference between concern and anxiety what you do with this temptation. The Bible instruction is to choose to leave whatever is troubling to us in the “Capable Hands of God“.

Jesus said,
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” Matthew 6:25


KJV …
Jesus taught us not to worry,...worry is silent anxiety.
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,”…Matthew 6:25-18 KJV.

Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. "And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.” Matthew 28:20 GOD'S WORD® Translation



 
Now if your fears fall outside of Jesus’ admonition to the multitudes, then, you can, and should be, anxious.


So worry is a “Faith Killer” and a robber of the quality of your Christian life and a thief of the same for those about you. “Fear not for I am with you even until the end of the age,” Matthew 28:20 KJV is a far better banner to wear over your life than anxiety. God is with you until death do you part, and death is not a parting for the believer; it is just when you are united face to face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrQtpGFipA


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into his grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home